The Privacy Act 1988 requires Wotch Pty Ltd ACN 613 745 252 (“Wotch”) to have procedures in place that cover the collection, use and disclosure of personal information that it receives from you. This information is needed to process the requirements of you and is used for internal purposes. Without this information Wotch is unable to provide access to the Wotch Website and the Products and Services to you. Wotch complies with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the collection and disclosure of information regarding you.
- Telephone numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Information disclosed by you to Wotch ;
- The IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and domain name from which you are accessing the internet;
- The operating system and browser your computer uses and any search engine you are using;
- Your browsing behaviour;
- The date and time you are visiting;
- The URL’s of the pages you visit;
- The domain name of the page you visit after leaving our website; and
- Information disclosed in emails or online contact with you.
- when visiting the Wotch Website or ordering Products and Services;
- when entering into an agreement with Wotch and/or another third party;
- when you request Wotch forward information about you to a third party;
- when you correspond, or communicate with Wotch over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email.
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, Wotch may also obtain personal information about you from third party sources such as its training providers and other third party service providers.
Wotch gathers two types of information about you, namely:
- aggregated information generated by its systems (or third party systems) to track the Wotch Website’s traffic but that does not identify you personally including:
(i) information to track data such as the total number of visits to the Wotch Website and the number of visits to specific areas of the Wotch Website;
(ii) the domain names of the Wotch Website visitors’ internet service providers; and
- ‘cookies’ and ‘applets’ in its website systems.
- personal information about you such as name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, website usage and in some cases, billing details and general financial and credit information.
The type of information that Wotch collects about you is dependent on what Products and Services are offered on the Wotch Website and what you purchased from Wotch .
Generally, Wotch does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about race or ethnic origin, religion and sexual preferences. Wotch will only collect sensitive information in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Wotch will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless it is required by law to collect such information.
- How Wotch uses your personal information
Wotch may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- inform you of other products, services or offerings available from Wotch or its affiliates, including related entities and business associates, including any marketing material;
- conduct surveys or research about your opinion of current services and products or of potential new services and products that may be offered;
- contact you regarding a product offered by an external business partner which may be of interest to you; and
- provide to likely or actual buyers of the whole or part of Wotch ’ business or for internal restructuring purposes.
- Wotch may disclose your personal information to its training providers in order to facilitate your enrolment in a selected
- Wotch may also disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for it including the management and maintenance of its information systems.
- Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, Wotch takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- Other than as outlined above, Wotch will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
- Upon your request, Wotch will provide them with access to their personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If Wotch denies such access, you will be told why.
- Wotch may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you with access to the requested information. To request access to personal information, please contact Wotch using one of the contact options provided on the Wotch Website.
- If you are a Wotch customer, they can access their registered profile at any time.
Wotch strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times. If the personal information Wotch holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wishes for their details to be removed from the Wotch Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that reasonable steps can be taken to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
Wotch takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst Wotch strives to protect such information, it cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you provides to it or obtains from the Wotch Website. Accordingly, use of the Wotch Website is at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into Wotch ’s possession, it will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Wotch website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Wotch of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites. If you have any concerns regarding their privacy when visiting a linked third party, they should ensure that they check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
Wotch will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
- From time to time, Wotch may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, you should periodically review this statement to remain informed about how Wotch collects and protects personal information.
- Your continued use of the Wotch website constitutes acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
- For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
- Wotch welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Wotch This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services provides and may be shared with Wotch partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the Wotch website or their dealings with Wotch , you can contact us via email: email@example.com.
If you are unsatisfied with how Wotch has collected, used, treated or disclosed your personal information or believe the personal information Wotch holds is incorrect, you are entitled to make a written complaint to Wotch or request your personal information be amended via the Wotch’s Privacy Officer on the details below:
Wotch Privacy Officer
Phone: 1300 496 824
Wotch will use its best endeavor’s to investigate your complaint or request and provide a written response to you within 30 days.
If you believe that Wotch has not satisfactorily handled your complaint or request, you have a right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). For details on how to make a complaint please visit the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au
- Changes to this Policy
Wotch may, from time to time, update or change this policy. You are encouraged to periodically review this policy to be informed of how the Company is using your personal information.
- Further Information
If you require further information on your privacy rights please visit the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.